Reluctantly selling my much-loved 1999 3-door Corsa B (on a T plate), which I have had for the last 10 years. This is the little 1-litre, 3-cylinder engine, so reasonably low insurance group. It is the special “Envoy” edition, which is special in the sense that it barely has any toys – the only ones being the (lovely!) blue metallic paint, and the multi-function display with outside temperature sensor.
Other than that, this car is very much a basic spec Corsa, with keep-fit windows, no central locking (not really a problem in a 3-door), and no power steering. My reasoning when I originally bought the car was “fewer toys, less stuff to break” – and that has certainly paid off; apart from some (now-resolved) clutch cable issues I have enjoyed 10 trouble-free years of motoring.
The car has done around 70k miles, and while I’m the fourth owner the car has done most of its miles under my careful ownership. I’ve got service history for the last 10 years (with the oil changes done every 6,000 miles or less), and I’ve just done an oil and filter change, so it is good to go! Last year, it also got a new clutch and two new branded tyres in the front, having done very little mileage since.
This car has been a great little runner, so hoping to find it a good home with someone else who can enjoy it as much as I have.
- Small, economical engine (returning ~50 MPG quite easily). This is the chain-driven 3-cylinder, 1-litre engine, so no expensive timing belt replacements to worry about 😀.
- Low insurance group.
- Just passed its MOT (next one due March 2024).
- Relatively spacious for a small car (boot and back seat are bigger than they look!)
- Heater is brilliant, by far the best I’ve had in any car.
- Nice Sony Bluetooth stereo fitted (although I have the original cassette radio and a Vauxhall CD400 as well, they’re part of the deal).
- Original GM lockable roof rack.
- Some spares (including some colour-coded touch-up paint, and an engine code reader, Opcom).
- 2 keys.
- Underside looks good for what is effectively a 24-year old car.
- The aforementioned multi-function display can be a bit temperamental, so the wiring could use a bit of attention.
- No power steering (but since the engine is quite small and light, I never found it to be too much of an issue!).
- MOT advisory on low tread depth for the two rear tyres – but given these are 13” wheels, they’re not too expensive to replace.
- Bodywork does have a few “battle scars”, mostly prior to my ownership. I’ve tried rectifying them a little – mostly to stop the rust – but it is a good 6-foot car, let’s put it that way 😀.
Looking for £900 or nearest offer. I’m located in East Kent. Test drive possible, conditional to possessing proof of valid insurance.
Please DM me on social media or reply with a comment below if you’re interested in re-homing this little car 😀.